Established back in the first year of Ansei, or 1854, Baion started as a tea shop at one corner of Baion-in, a part of the Sensoji temple complex. At that time, Baion-in was filled with plum trees, hence the shop name “Umezono,” meaning plum garden. One of the most famous item on the menu here is awazenzai. It is so famous that it is even referred to in the novel “Odoriko” by the Japanese literary giant Kafuu Nagai.
|Address||1-31-12 Asakusa Taito-ku Tokyo|
|Holiday||Closed on Wednesdays, irregular holidays|