Former Five-Story Pagoda of Kaneiji
The pagoda was a gift from Koga Castle Master Toshikatsu Doi in 1631 to commemrate the addition of Toshogu building to the Kaneiji-Temple. The tower was lost to a fire in 1639 but was quickly rebuilt that year to how it is today. The tower is built on the former grounds of Kaneiji-Temple, but is now part of Ueno Zoo grounds. The city of Tokyo donated the pagoda to the zoo in 1958. The structure stands approximately 36 meters tall.
|Address||18-20 Uenokouen Taito-ku Tokyo|